March 29, 2012

The friend zone

I used to have a great friend. He was someone I loved to be with. We met at a small music festival, both of us were working as volunteers, and became really good friends. I loved the time he lived here, and we became really close during his time as Russ. He was the kind of guy who would do anything for me, anything. I was so sad when he moved to Oslo for a year, but we planned visits and I promised I would come check out his life in Oslo. Unfortunately it never happened.



The last couple of months he became closer and started holding me and hugging me in a different way. I knew then that he wanted us to be more than just friends. Last time he was home, we were out clubbing and I became friends with one of his friends. We danced and held hands, which was too much for my friend. He almost went home without saying good bye. I felt so bad. 


The next time we were out he told me how he felt, and that he knew I did not feel the same way about him. He then said it would be better if we did not talk for a while. It broke my heart a little, I really did not want to loose him. We have not talked since, I want to give him the time he needs, and hope he will talk to me someday. 


I kind of regret dancing with his friend, it would be nice to postpone his honest moment a bit. On the other hand, it would be extremely selfish of me to keep going. He deserves the best. I really miss him. 
And his friend, I have hung out with him a little, but he is not worth it at all. Not that I think stop hanging out with him will get my friend back, because it will not, but at least he will not have to hear about me being with his friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket